We raise awareness of grooming, exploitation and unhealthy relationships with young people and the community to challenge and change attitudes towards sexual exploitation. Through safe, vibrant, engaging projects we hope to improve public knowledge and understanding of unhealthy relationships and empower young people to make positive choices. Our workshops are engaging, interactive, informative and fun.
Our recent awareness raising campaign has seen us running workshops with young people in youth and community centres, as well as with faith groups and the wider community in Oldham.
What we do
Keeping Our Girls Safe has developed a programme of workshops to educate and inform young people. These issue based workshops use Art, Dance, Drama, Film and Photography to allow young people to explore sensitive subjects and provide them with the tools to make positive lifestyle choices. Topics include: grooming, exploitation, healthy relationships, domestic violence, self-awareness, self-esteem and confidence.
In our experience young people engage and learn better through these methods compared to conventional classroom based teaching. All of our programmes take the theory from recognised resources including those from The National Working Group for Sexual Exploitation and Barnardos. This means that the theory that is taught is standard and recognised nationally. What make KOGS unique is our interactive delivery methods.Gallery Blog
Our recent programmes last for 4 weeks and are made up of 1 hour sessions. The sessions can be adapted to suit the age and ability of the group and the space we are working in.
- Keep Safe (age 13-16) - The four week sessions will cover issues faced by young people and organisations who can help; how to say no to peer pressure; risky behaviour and how minimise the risks; and how to keep safe.
- Exploitation and Grooming (13-17) - The four week sessions will cover the definitions of sexual exploitation and grooming; how CSE and grooming manifest; push and pull factors; risky behaviour and the law.
- Personal Safety (age 8-11) - The four week sessions will cover personal safety, situations that may occur and where to seek help; strangers; online safety
- Healthy Relationships (13-16) - The four week sessions will cover types of relationships; healthy vs unhealthy relationships; body awareness; confidence and self esteem.
- 12 week programmes (age 13-16) – 12 week programmes where young people can work towards an Arts Award, programmes will cover: confidence, self-esteem, social media, relationships, exploitation, grooming, body awareness, online safety and will use an art form to support.
© Copyright 2013 KOGS All rights reserved